A shower head is an ultimate equipment that you need to keep safe and clean in your bathroom. Meanwhile, any other thing is secondary, why? Because the safer it is, the safer the water you use and the more comfortable it is for you to pump out your water. That’s why you need to know how to unclog shower head .
Regardless of how pretreated your water is before using it, during the floating of the water from one medium to another, there is a tendency that it would lug along particulate matters of any kind.
At times, it could be dirt, chlorine, or rusted iron. Whatever the case may be, the particulate matters are often trapped into the mesh that’s found inside shower heads.
Of course, no matter how effective your mesh is, either sooner or later, the mesh would be clouded up with debris and this could cause clogs in the holes that are located in the mesh.
However, this could cause drastic deterioration in the functionalities of the shower head itself. Therefore, if in case your shower head is not as effective as it used to be, then you should know that you’ve waited too long to allow dirt to clog the shower head and the best solution to this is by unclogging the shower head. The best ways to do this are listed below. So, all you have to do is follow the steps.
8 Things to Consider about How to Unclog Shower Head:
1. Read the Manual
Many at times, the ultimate information is gotten from the manual. And that’s why it’s expedient that buyers read the full content in the manual before they begin to make use of their products.
It serves as a guide in its use. Of course, you wouldn’t want to use a concept that’s being outlined for another product for yours, why? Because the structure tends to be different.
In fact, buyers could even learn about the component that their products consist. Of course, this would aid them in assembling the units with ease.
In a nutshell, to use a shower head appropriately, it’s mandatory that the instructions on the manual are adhered to meticulously.
Products are made base on their manufacturers’ ideology. You can find some using tape as their bind while some are screwed unto extensions.
Whatever the situation, you just have to observe the methodology that’s being imbibed in fixing it carefully. Once you’ve mastered the concept, then you can carefully disconnect the components from each other.
However, we’d enjoin you to disconnect right from the nadir first before you proceed to the removal of the mesh screen and other essential components. This act decreases casualty in one way or the other.
This is one of the non-negotiable parts of cleaning. As a matter of fact, it’s being said to be the act of pre-cleaning. Although it can be done in bi-ways, one is with cold water while the other is with hot water.
Yet, whichever one you prefer, it would still function properly. All you have to do is to make the water ready in a container.
Indeed, you simply don’t have to fill it to the brim, just be rational when taking your measurements. Afterwards, fill the water in the container with lime or citric acid.
Once that’s done, immerse the components inside including the thread and the mesh screen that you removed. Soak them for about 5 hours before you move over to the next step.
- While you’re soaking the shower head’s components, get 2 other containers and fill them with water. Not necessarily they should be filled to the brim.
- Add detergent into one of them and make the water soapy while the water in the other container is not touched.
- Get a sponge alongside with these. Afterwards, transfer the disassembled components into the soapy water first and scrub off the dirt.
- Assess the components and find out whether they are thoroughly cleaned before you switch them over to the other container that’s detergent-free.
- Once you’re done with those, make sure that you rinse them either twice or thrice before you move over to the next step.
The assembling of the product should be adverse to the steps inculcated when the components were disassembled.
And, that’s why it’s paramount that you take notice of the whole processes when disassembling if you’re a novice.
However, if the manual provides the full aid then there is nothing to worry about. All you have to do is adhere to the instructions that are provided. You could even check where there are videos that are posted online which you could use in assembling the unit.
Discreetly, embark in this exercise so that you won’t end up marring the unit itself. Once you’re done, you can move over to the next step.
It’s expedient that you check the attachment first. Afterwards, switch on the shower head to check whether there is no leakage in it.
Once you’ve successfully seen that, then you can depend on the process for continual cleaning of the shower head.
7. Safety Precautions
- Make sure that you put on the safety wears including hand gloves before you begin the exercise.
- Make sure that the quantity of the lime or citric acid that you’re adding to the water is the same with the quantity of the water that you’re using also.
- Make sure that you don’t litter the component around on plain surfaces. However, get an empty container and fill it with them.
- Ensure that you’re not only aiming at washing the mesh screen alone but every part including the thread.
- You could even run warm water in the pipe from the water source to the end in order to remove/clean the pipe or extension itself.
- Make sure that you clean the containers that you utilized in unclogging the mesh screen when you’re done with the whole exercise.
Having done this, it’s believable that it could be hectic at the initial. However, the continual practice of this would aid you to have the best time unclogging dirt from your unit.
This is how to unclog shower head with ease. If you eventually adhere to the instructions that are provided on this platform, you’d find out that no casualty occurred. You would use your shower head for as long as you desire. It’s just a piece with facts exemplified.